If You Can Read This...

(figure it out)

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Meowkaat who was tagged by Jessie, who was tagged by Julie... So here goes:

1. One book that changed your life- hardest question first.
I'd have to say that its Messages From Michael. This book really helped me sort out the spiritual beliefs I have. There are young souls and old souls and all ages in between. After reading the book I could understand people's behavior and choices better, especially my whacked family.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once.
I periodically re-read all of my Stephen King books, but the one I've probably read more than any of them is The Stand. Sometimes I read both versions just to compare them. I like the uncut version better.

3. One Book That You'd Want On A Desert Island.
Are you kidding me? ONE BOOK??? I'd go insane. All right, if I have to pick one then it would be The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon. Its my second favorite book ever.

4. One Book That Made You Laugh
Anything written by Janet Evanovich. I laugh at least once every two pages if not more. My son thinks I'm even more weird than usual.

5. One Book That Made You Cry.
At the risk of being lame, I have to go with The Stand again. The part where Nick is blown up by the bomb in the closet always hits me hard. He's one of my favorite characters.

6. One Book That You Wish You Had Written.
I'd be happy to finish writing a book let alone get one published...

7. One Book You Wish Had Never Been Written.
There are a few books I have started and given up less than 10 pages into. I really try not to do that. I don't like giving up, but sometimes its better to give up than to torture myself with horrific writing. Let's see, the last book I put down before the end of the third chapter was Running Dead by Robert Coram. I didn't like anyone or anything in this one. The bad guy is a dope and the good guy is a dope. The premise of an Islamic serial killing terrorist bent on wrecking havoc on the Jews through a political plot is just stupid. I could have lived with either the traditional serial killer thriller or a political thriller...this particular combination was yucky. The cop didn't make things better by being a sterotypical male chauvinist alcoholic lone wolf type. Blech!

8. One Book That You Are Reading Right Now.
At this moment I am reading Ripper by Michael Slade. Its a murder mystery/serial killer book set in Canada. So far I like it.

9. One Book That You Have Been Meaning To Read.
I started Lord of the Flies by William Golding once and didn't get farther than 20 pages before putting it down. But I really do want to finish it. I just have to find another copy of it since I think I yard saled the first one.


10. Tag five others that you would like to do this meme.
I'd like to, but since the only other person I know here tagged me, I can't. Maybe by the next time I'll have made some friends. :)






1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger sock puppet said…

    My mom used to read me excerpts from Stephen King's books at bedtime... in hindsight, it's a peculiar memory, as I was probably only 11 or 12. Then again, we were a family that watched horror flicks together... I still remember watching The Exorcist through my fingers...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home