If You Can Read This...

(figure it out)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Quirky felines

As you may have figured out by now, I have cats. We've had plenty of cats over the years, but this current bunch are by far the most quirky of all. They definitely have their own personalities.

Cleo is the mildest. Her biggest thing is that she doesn't really meow. She mrowfs. She's not much of a lap cat any more but she purrs at the drop of a hat. She's a very attentive mom too.

Lily, our black cat, doesn't meow either. She mews like a kitten still. When she was younger she had a favorite yarn ball that she liked to play with. She'd bring it to me, I'd throw it across the room, being careful not to throw across my lap since she was usually in four wheel drive, and she'd run like hell to get it and bring it back. She's much too grown up for foolish games like that now. But she isn't too grown up to give up her binky. She likes to curl up in my lap and suck on one of her own nipples. Its about the only time she purrs too. She's very soft and very lovey but very strange.

Buddy is the baby. He's still in kill-everything-that-moves-mode. You know that phase they go through where they practice their killing skills? He's going to be a very good mouser if the number of scratches on my hands are any indication. LOL He's not much of a conversationalist though. He has a bottle cap fetish. Within five minutes of taking a cap off a bottle of pop, he's swiping it from me. Then we get to play fetch. He likes to drop it in the space between the cushion I'm sitting on and the one next to me. If I don't notice it, then he tries to dig it out himself. That usually grabs my attention. Its hard to ignore a set of claws stuck in your leg or butt. I started playing fetch with him as a way of defending myself. I throw it, he brings it back, I dig it out of the couch and throw it again. He will play this game for a very, very long time. He'll also play it with some of his other toys if he can't find a bottle cap. I don't know where they all end up. I figure one of these days when I move one of the couches I will discover a bajillion bottle caps under them.

All this leads me to ask: Do you have pets? What are they? Do they have any quirks?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Meowkaat said…

    Gemini Deja Blue is the name of our new doberman. She is a blue dobie...so pretty, but man, she's mean. Not like good old goofy Jett- I'm going to have to lock this dog up a lot when people come over. i was warned about that with females though. of course, john thinks it's great. Typical. (I have a big mean dog, translated: I am macho)and we still have my papillon Sweetie Pea and our big old fat cat Hello Kitty.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger sock puppet said…

    I have two kitties, Janey and Sweetpea (mom and daughter).

    Janey needs to be perched high, and prefers locations where she's not supposed to be (e.g atop the bookcase). When I come home from work, I hear the baby-elephant thump on the floor immediately upon closing the door behind me.

    Sweetpea likes to knead my head/hair while I sleep (needless to say I don't stay asleep for long). She purrs very loudly while doing so, and occasionally drools.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Justin said…

    Hey! its nice to hear that you 've black cats coz soo many people hate them..And hey, you can check out this post on black cats. I hope u'll njoy it...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home